Welcome to the Cobble&Brick Beautycounter page! Here you’ll find updates on sales, promotions, perks, and all the other things we love when shopping. If you ever have any questions or would like to learn more, you can connect with me via email: email@example.com or through my Instagram account: @cobbleandbrick.
Sunday, October 11th 2020
Beautycounter’s Holiday Haul Part 1
Last Tuesday, October 6th, the first wave of Beautycounter’s limited-edition holiday line went live! I’ve saved my IG Live to my highlights on Instagram if you want to see each item and pricing in more detail. I also share some ideas for how to divvy up items in the haul when gifting to get the most for your money. It’s all under “Beautycounter Holiday Haul”.
I love this holiday launch for a couple reasons. One, there’s a good mix of makeup, body care, and skin care, and two, there’s something everyone would enjoy and appreciate whether that’s timeless makeup, high-performing skin care, or indulgent bath care.
- The Beyond Gloss Trio
- The Jellies Shimmers
- The Golden Hour All-in-One Palette
- Bright Side Duo
- Countertime Radiant Skin Set
- Polish and Protect Lip Duo
- Good Glow Body Duo
- Good Scents Body Butter Trio
- Good Scents Hands Cream Trio
- Special Edition Cleansing Balm
If you’re new to Beautycounter, I want to share that all products in the company are made without fragrance and many items in this haul are packaged in glass bottles for sustainability. The ingredients in every product are always rigorously tested for safety and efficacy and some are even vegan, so while BC isn’t “organic”, they do offer peace of mind in knowing that anything you use fits into a high standard of safer beauty without compromising quality and performance. They’ve done the work so choosing safer products is easier for us.
As I mentioned before, this is just the first wave of the holiday line with more to come in November. There are two make up products in particular I’m so excited to share with you all as soon as I can!
This post includes affiliate links, meaning I make a small commission when products are purchased through them. Thank you so much for supporting me and Beautycounter.
Saturday, September 5th 2020
Happy LDW, everyone! With this weekend comes the officially closing of the summer season. Maybe you’re ready for it, or maybe you’re still holding on to those long days and warmer weather. As a New Englander my whole life, I thrive on the changing of seasons–the cycle lends some predictability and consistency to my life–and I’m excited for that crisp snap in the air I’ve already been feeling in the morning. With this transition in mind, today I’m sharing what’s new at Beautycounter but also some makeup ideas that have been giving me all the fall vibes and reminding me to change it up a bit. Read on, and as always, thanks so much for being here.
Sales and Promos:
New customers can take advantage of 10% off their purchases this month with code “changebeauty10” at checkout
New Band of Beauty members are always welcome! This is our awesome membership program and something I took advantage of before I became a consultant because let’s be honest: cleaner skin care and makeup is better for us, but it’s not always cheaper. Until more of those big brands like Maybelline and L’Oreal start practicing ingredient transparency and using safer ingredients for us all to get our hands on at our local CVS or Walgreens, there will be higher prices for safer products. If you’re interested to learn more about the strides Beautycounter is making around this issue, this article just came out this past week with encouraging news for the beauty industry! I will also always advocate for brands like Cocokind and Biossance which also have incredible ingredient transparency and provide great products at lots of different price points.
- Costs $29 for the year (no auto-renewels, fees, or strings attached)
- Gets you a free welcome gift when you spend $50. September’s gift is pictured above.
- Gives you 10% credit back on all your purchases to use within 60 days on whatever you like and can be combined with any other offers. This is a great way to save on safer beauty products.
- Gets you free shipping on orders over $100. If you’re thinking about ordering holiday gifts or treating yourself, this is a really nice perk.
Search “Band of Beauty” like you would any item and add to your cart.
Fun things coming!
Speaking of holiday….I know, it’s only September, but Beautycounter is releasing all of their holiday sets on October 6th and I want to put it on your radar. There are a lot of things to get excited about if you’re a makeup or skin care junkie like me 🙂 You’ll see everything from dry body brushes (have you read about the benefits of this??) to cream eye shadows, shower sets for men, new lip products, and bundles of our top-rated skin care items. I’m planning to host a virtual holiday party next month and would love to have you! This is a fun and easy way to show you some of the new products and there is zero obligation to buy. Bring some bubbly or coffee or whatever your drink of choice is, sit back, and relax. Fill out the form below and I’ll be in touch!
Fall Makeup Inspiration
Beautycounter’s running a “Summer Forever” event through the 8th where when you spend $125 you get a free Melting Body Balm. It smells like a glorious tropical vacation. Anyway– I love both of these makeup sets that I’m sharing and they’ll both get you over that $125 mark.
I marked the lipstick below as Mulberry in the collage by accident, but it’s Plum. There is a Mulberry in the Beyond Gloss that’s current sold out, but if you want to see it I linked it here.
Products Under $25
Monday, August 3rd 2020
Hello August! It has been HOT around here in southern New Hampshire and we’re in desperate need for more than five minutes of rain. Here are some exciting updates about BC sales, promos, and new product drops!
Sales and Promos:
- 20% off for new customers has been extended until 8/10. Use code: cleanforall20
- All Band of Beauty members are getting DOUBLE the credit back from 8/3-8/7. I’m super excited about this in particular becauseeee there are two revamped products coming on 8/11 and you’ll definitely want all those credits! Think: color.
Tuesday, July 7th, 2020
I’m so excited to be giving away a Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Classic! Here’s how to enter:
- Shop with me any time this month and spend $50 in product. You can shop using any of the links on my Beautycounter page or by entering my name at checkout: Laura Perrotta
- Add a Band of Beauty Membership ($29/year) for an extra five entries. You’re also getting two free gifts this month when you sign up, plus 10% credit back on purchases always.
- Purchase any collection, regimen, or customizable Flawless in Five set for an extra ten entries.
- That’s it!
Sales and Promos:
- 20% off for new customers this month: use code “cleanforall20” or add your email to have the code sent to you!
- Band of Beauty Membership gift is two favorites: the charcoal mask and the overnight resurfacing peel. It works like a facial overnight.
New Products and Back-in-Stocks
For a limited time, my favorite anti-aging Beautycounter line, Countertime, is coming as a mini-travel set at a discounted price. This is a great option if you’ve been thinking about switching over your regimen but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars. It includes 5 products and is a cleaner, safer alternative to using retinol or other harsh and unpredictable ingredients. I’ll update on this page when the set drops!
Not sure if you want to take the plunge and buy a full regimen? I would recommend just starting with the Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil. It’s very gentle and calming on the skin while removing makeup, impurities, SPF, and the general grime of the day.
The new daily Sheer Defense Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 25 is also back in stock this week! It can be worn under makeup and moisturizers, but I’ve just been wearing it on my own every day. It’s not chalky or scented and melts really nicely into the skin with no white cast.
Wednesday, June 17th, 2020
Friends and Family Event. From 6/17-6/23, get 15% off products site wide! This hardly ever happens! A few items are even 30% off like the hand cream trio set.
Exciting Update: Beginning in July (online) and August (in-store) for a limited time, Sephora stores across America and Canada are hosting Beautycounter pop-ups! You’ll be able to try the 10-11 available products for yourself which is really, really exciting since the texture and scent of a product are so important to love, not just its effectiveness. I’m always wandering around Sephora with a dozen swatches of makeup and skin care on my hand and arms as it is and I can’t wait for more people to experience these products more personally. Stay tuned for more updates!
Thursday, May 21st 2020
Good until 5/26 or while supplies last!
- Can be combined with the new customer 20% off this month (total in cart has to hit $125–that’s $156.25 to save you the math!) To get your code, just sign up with your email at the top of the Beautycounter home screen and they’ll pop it over.
- Join Band of Beauty during this promo and get TWO free gifts (one of your choosing from above and the Brightening Facial Mist), free shipping, and 10% credit back. It’s really the best deal.
- But, I want to make this even better for you! Spend $150 dollars during this promo period and I’ll cover your BOB membership. That means you get all those extra perks for free! Just shop using any of the links on this post and I’ll send you the membership fee ($29)!
Tuesday, May 19th 2020
New Product! Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation ($45)
My favorite things about it:
- The very lightweight, natural finish formula gives me a smoother, more even complexion without any heavy, cakey feeling
- It’s basically skin care! Made with hyaluronic acid our skin needs to stay moisturized all day, Skin Twin gives us yet another added benefit both in the short term and over time. Hyaluronic acid also helps plump up any fine lines. (Tip: combine with our anti-aging line, Countertime, for even greater results!)
- It’s a cleaner product with ingredient transparency (per usual with Beautycounter). It’s also certified cruelty free and EWG certified!
- It’s untraceable on. Usually when I wear foundation and hug Mike sometimes there’s transfer to his shirt. This foundation is like a second skin.
- It’s really buildable. I shared this in my stories today, but Skin Twin can be built up so easily to a medium coverage.
Okay sooo this is also pretty cool. New products aren’t eligible for the 20% off for new customers this month, BUT you can get the Flawless in Five set with the Skin Twin included! If you’ve been thinking of switching out your makeup kit for cleaner products, this is a really good and convenient way to start. Click to learn more!
Sneak peak: I got word that there’s a Memorial Day promotion just around the corner. I’ll update this page as soon as I hear about it!
Thanks for stopping by Cobble today! Let’s connect on Insta! You can find me @cobbleandbrick if you have any questions at all about Beautycounter.
Thursday, May 14th 2020
Inspiration at Beautycounter: This podcast from February with Gregg was funny, honest, and educational. In it she talks about her summer cleaning houses on Nantucket, lessons learned about money, her first big job with Martha Stewart, the bridesmaid dress e-commerce idea that was “too ahead of its time”, getting fired by Susie Hilfiger, and how a non-beauty person came to find her passion and her calling colliding in this industry.
Monday, May 11th 2020
Inspiration at Beautycounter: I listened to this webinar last night with Christy Coleman, BC’s Chief Artistic Director/Product Developer. Her story was really inspiring, and the history of how she came to meet the founder of the company and join her in this cleaner beauty movement is really great. Grab a cup of coffee or glass of wine and give it a listen!
Product update: If you’ve been eyeing it, I got word today that the All Bright C Serum is close to selling out and won’t be restocked until some time in the summer! Head over to my Instagram (@cobbleandbrick) if you want to see the product in action. It’s saved to my “clean beauty” highlight.
Saturday, May 9th 2020
Sneak Peek: Two exciting products are dropping this spring and early summer, one around makeup and one around skin care/protection. I jumped on the consultant pre-sale of the makeup and it should be here by early next week for me to try out. I’ll be sure to fill you guys in on my thoughts! I can’t say too much more just yet, but be on the lookout for a release date later this month.
New Product: Counter+ Eye Revive Cooling Masks ($49/6 pack)
Sales, Promos, and Discounts:
- 20% off for first time customers extended until the end of the month. That’s good on all makeup, regimens and single products, with the exception of brand new releases.
- The Band of Beauty perks program is still 29 dollars for the year which gets you access to 10% credit back on all purchases, free shipping over 100 dollars, and a free gift. This month the free gift is the Counter+ Brightening Facial Mist.
This video below is about a year old, but I’m always fascinated by the people who run companies, especially women. I really like being able to put a face to a name and learn a little bit about their background, passions, etc. More so, I like hearing how they talk about their company and what their personality is like. I found this one from a Today Show installment and wanted to share it.
Tuesday, April 21st 2020
Thanks for coming by you guys! I’ve been waiting to post this for days now, and I’m really excited to be able to share what makes this brightening serum so special, safer, and how it’s affecting my skin already!
New Release: The All Bright C Serum ($79)
What it is: A brightening serum made with two ultra-stable forms of Vitamin C, turmeric, camu camu and is retinol-free.
What does that mean?
Beautycounter has formulated a cleaner, gentler alternative to retinol, a popular brightening ingredient in many skin care products. Turmeric and camu camu help promote a more youthful complexion by protecting us against damaging environmental factors and minimizing dark spots. Two types of Vitamin C create the perfect combination of stability and potency without being a skin-irritant. That makes this serum great for daily use.
What makes this serum safer?
Lots of products (like bubble bath, shampoo, and liquid soap) go through a process called ethoxylation which makes the chemicals in products less harsh. Ethoxylation “can result in two toxic contaminants linked to breast cancer and other cancers: ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane” (safecosmetics.org). Since ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane occur during the manufacturing process, companies aren’t required to list them as ingredients on their labels. The All Bright C Serum doesn’t include these concerning chemicals.
How do I use the All Bright C Serum?
Beautycounter’s recommendation: Apply the serum all over your face, neck, and decollete after cleansing and toning in the morning. Follow with moisturizer. It can be combined with any other serums and moisturizers that you use.
How I used it: I tend to be impatient when it comes to waiting for results for anything in general, so I apply the serum as directed in the morning and then before bed I apply some just on my dark spot areas (pictured below).
My non-expert advice on introducing a new product to your skin: Don’t overdo it. Everyone’s skin is different. If your skin is sensitive, for instance, try the serum 1-2 times a week rather than day and night. It will still do its job really well!
Does it work?
When I invest in products with a higher price point, I definitely want to know they’re going to work. Beautycounter prioritizes using cleaner, safer ingredients without sacrificing effectiveness or quality. My personal results are below!
My results: As of today I’ve been using the All Bright C Serum day and night for just five days. My results so far are below!
- Day 1 (left): I have some darkness and discoloration along my chin and neck that I want to diminish, especially since I don’t wear foundation every day lately.
- Day 5 (right): I’m so impressed with how much the discoloration has faded in under a week! It also feels like the texture of my skin in that area has smoothed out which is thanks to the turmeric.
I’m learning more each day about what “safer” skin care actually means for me, remembering that everyone’s skin and skin needs are different. I’m excited to have this product as part of my skin care regimen and it’s so encouraging to see it working more and more each day. You can shop the All Bright C Serum here or through any of the links in this post.
Disclosure: Some links on this site are affiliate links, meaning, at zero cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you choose to click through and make a purchase.
Friday, April 3rd 2020
Life is really crazy, hard, confusing, and overwhelming right now, so today’s post is about how I can make your day brighter with some free self-care goodies.
I just received my starter pack full of Beautycounter samples, cloth makeup bags, and a full size lipstick and full-size Resurfacing Overnight Peel! (not pictured below) Those little navy blue cards include ingredients on their “Never List”. It’s like Christmas morning!
What came in the sample pack:
- The Counterman Line (Mike’s going to try the Exfoliating Cleanser and I’ll get back to you guys on his review)
- Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
- The Countermatch Line
- The Countertime Line (the anti-aging regimen I’m currently using and loving!)
- The Countercontrol Line
- The Resurfacing Overnight Peel (I’ve used this one, too, and after one use felt like the tone of my skin was more even)
Sharing freebies with other people brings me so much joy. If you’d like to try anything above, take a look through the link descriptions and let me know! You can mix and match, too. I have poll in my Instagram stories today or just send me an email.
April Promos, Perks, and Sales
New Product Alert: Counterstart
Counterstart at a Glance:
- Simplified regimen
- More affordable price points (20 dollars for the cleanser and 29 for the moisturizer)
- Great for sensitive skin in particular
Sales: Your first purchase with Beautycounter this month is 20% off.
Perks: Okay you guys this is an awesome perks program. Our Band of Beauty program is 29 dollars for the year and gets you 10% credit back on anything you buy to use on future purchases and free shipping on orders over 100 dollars. The best part is that you can let this credit accumulate for up to 90 days and then treat yourself or someone you love to something you’re eyeing but aren’t ready to buy. This month when you spend 50 dollars BC will send you a travel size bottle of their Resurfacing Overnight Peel. I also got samples of the peel in my starter pack if you want to try it out.